- 30g (1 oz) butter
- 4 shallots, minced
- 175ml (6 fl oz) dry white wine
- 1.25kg (3 lb) mussels, cleaned and debearded
- good handful chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Prep:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- In a medium stockpot, heat butter over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until translucent.
- Pour in wine and mussels. Raise heat to medium high and steam mussels until shells open, about 5 minutes.
- Pour mussels and cooking liquid into a serving bowl, sprinkle with parsley and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.